This policy covers all users who register to use the dabs.ie website. It is not necessary to register in order to gain access to the searching facilities of the site, but we may restrict access to certain areas as referred to in Principle 2 below. Access to dabs.ie is free of charge to all users.
The dabs.ie website is operated by dabs.ie PLC. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you are using our online services. To protect your privacy, we apply five principles which you can read about below.
Principle 1 - Notice
During our registration process, we ask for personal information which both identifies you and enables us to communicate with you. We also invite you to tell us your interests so that we can make our communications relevant and interesting for you.
To help us prevent fraud, please be aware that we may make searches about you at credit reference agencies for the purpose of verifying your identity. These agencies will supply us with information, including information from the Electoral Register. The fact that we have requested an identity check is recorded by these agencies, though be assured that the searches will not be seen, or used by lenders to assess your ability to obtain credit.
Please also note that we may cross reference the information you provide us with data from a specialist anti-fraud third party with a view to stopping fraudulent transactions before they occur.
We will use the information you provide only for the following purposes:
- To send updates regarding the status of your orders
- To send you newsletters and details of offers and promotions in which we believe you will be interested
- To improve the content, design and layout of the dabs.ie website and to facilitate knowledge management
- To understand the interests and buying behaviour of our registered users
- To perform other such general marketing and promotional activities focused on our products and services
- We may also register you for our other services which we feel may be useful or of interest to you.
- Very occasionally, dabs.ie may share your details with carefully selected third parties for general marketing and promotional activities. However, if your communication preferences show that you have chosen NOT to receive such information from third parties, then of course your details will not be shared. You can edit your communications preferences at any time via the 'my account' section of our website.
- We sometimes use other companies to provide services to you or to provide services to us. To enable them to do this, we may need to share your personal information with them. When we do so, these companies are required to act in accordance with the instructions we give them and they must meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act to keep information secure.
Very occasionally, dabs.ie may share your details with carefully selected third parties. However, if your communication preferences show that you have chosen NOT to receive information from third parties, then of course your details will not be shared. You can edit your communications preferences at any time via the 'my account' section of our website.
. Other links within this site to other websites or framed third party sites within dabs.ie are not covered by this policy. We may continue to use your personal information for a period after you cease being a registered user. Principle 2 - Consent and Choice
We have provided an administration service (your account) where you can review your personal information at any time to ensure it is correct and current. You will be able to update, correct, change or delete inaccurate details. You may also change your choice of opting in or out of marketing and promotional activities, although you may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your change is being processed. You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information on payment of a small fee. Principle 4 - Security
We have taken appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is not unlawfully processed. dabs.ie uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, including "firewalls" and Secure Socket Layers. dabs.ie treats data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. However, no information transferred over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorised access by users inside and outside the company.
We will not be transferring your personal information outside of the European Economic Area unless otherwise specifically advised. Principle 4.1 - Cookies
Our website creates multiple cookies on your machine which contain session and state information. The information within these cookies does not include any personal or financial information. Our website requires cookies to be enabled in the web browser and in any third party security programs to allow tasks such as registering, logging in, buying items or accessing accounts. Please be aware that should cookies be disabled or blocked by third party software, many of our website's features will be impaired or unavailable.
Principle 5 - Minors
The dabs.ie website is not intended for children and we ask that no-one under the age of 12 submits personal information to us or uses the site without supervision of a parent or guardian.
Principle 6 - Deletion of your Personal Data
We are unable to delete your dabs.ie account information containing your personal information for a period of 6 years from the date of your last interaction with us (this could be a sales transaction, a return, or some other interaction with dabs.ie via our Customer Services team or our online tools). This is because we may need to access historical information for business reporting purposes. Please note however, that at any point in time you may opt in or out of marketing communications via the 'your account' section of this website.
Data Protection Officer
National Logistics Centre
Wingates Industrial Park
If you have any questions for dabs.ie relating to privacy, please send them to this address.
Changes to this policy